Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Swiss Cheese Salmon Dip

Swiss Cheese Salmon DipI have got to say that this dip is to die for! So yummy and quite rich.

You may have noticed that most of my blogs seem to be about food. I've gotten in a little bit of trouble because of this!

I'm afraid my Mother has voiced her displeasure. She has informed me that she finds my blog rather difficult to read since she has decided to try to trim up a little and my recipes aren't helping her at all! I have been requested to please either blog about some other topics or about recipes that are a little more calorie reduced. (She's only teasing me by the way....she actually loves my blog).

Unfortunately this next recipe doesn't fall into that category at all! Calorie increased maybe....but definitely not reduced.

I found this one on the ever popular Kraft Canada Website and it's original name is Hot Crab Dip. It no longer is a crab dip since I had salmon and not crab!

Swiss Cheese Salmon Dip

1 250 gram pkg. Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened (try the light one Mom)
1-1/2 Cups of Swiss Cheese, grated (does Swiss Cheese come in a light version?)
1/3 Cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing or Mayonnaise (once again feel free to use the light versions)
1/2 Cup Baked Salmon (1 tin of canned salmon would work as well...or any other seafood for that matter)
1 Green Onion, chopped
1 tsp. crushed Garlic


Slowly blend the Miracle Whip or Dressing into the cream cheese one tablespoon at a time making sure to mix well with each addition. If you don't do this you'll have lumps of cream cheese in the dip...not a bad thing if that's what you would like :)

Add the remaining ingredients and blend until fully incorporated. Place mixture into an oven proof dish and bake at 350 degrees until heated through (about 15 - 20 minutes) and the Swiss cheese is melted. I placed mine into 4 Pyrex ramekins thinking to save a couple for the next day. With two teenagers in the house, I should have known better!

I served this with cheese bread chunks for the rest of the family and gluten-free crackers for myself. It also happens that this dip is very tasty spread on top of steak or chicken.

Enjoy those calories!

No comments: