Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bedroom Makeover

My sons room was in dire need of an upgrade. When we first moved in the room was wallpapered in a very nice safari/African themed paper. Unfortunately, like everything else the previous owners did to the house, it wasn't done very well and it wasn't finished.

The carpet was a scrap that was too small for the room. The wallpaper wasn't glued down properly and they left one corner unfinished to show the pale yellow paint below. Very irritating.

It's taken us a while but we finally peeled all the paper off and have started painting. My son picked out the paint which is a pumpkin pie color and will go very nicely with his belongings.

Lucky for us, the previous owners left some laminate flooring that we're almost certain will be enough to do his floor with. A little crown molding and some baseboards and the room will look wonderful.

My husband and I are planning to get this done this week if at all possible and move our boy back in. Then I get to start working on my soap room! Yeah! :)

1 comment:

Crown Molding said...

I cannot wait to see the finished room! The crown molding and base boarding are going to make an excellent additions.

TJ