Monday, February 23, 2009

Dreaming of Summer Days

I woke up this morning dreaming of days such as these. Days we spent on Newcastle Island just off of Vancouver Island in British Columbia on our holidays last summer.

For me these pictures are like comfort food. Giving me that warm and fuzzy feeling. Not to mention a longing for this years holidays. Which can't come soon enough!

Newcastle IslandWhen I was taking this picture my bare feet were buried in the hot rocks and a gentle warm breeze was blowing in my face.

Newcastle IslandMy boy, my man and my dog.....

Newcastle IslandMy girl and my dog....

Newcastle IslandNewcastle Island is such a beautiful place and it's a must visit every time we venture back home.

You can see why I may have been somewhat disappointed this morning when I realized that this is what I faced....more cold, snowy days rather than sunlit warm ocean breezes.

Backyard with snowIt's hard to see in this picture but there are huge, fat flakes of snow coming down in droves.....yet again. Never ending it seems. I'm tired of staying indoors. I think I have the winter blues.

Backyard with snowAh well....soon enough the green will come forth and spring will have sprung. I guess I'll have to learn to be patient.

3 comments:

Mary @ Annie's Goat Hill said...

Perhaps those winter blues will say bye-bye soon!

I loved your description of your feet buried in the warm sand. Now, that sounds wonderful!

Diane said...

The pics are beautiful!!

I've been combatting the winter blues by being glad I'm not in Australia right now :)

marcieadary.etsy.com said...

Those pictures a just gorgeous!! I enjoyed your blog post.