Monday, February 2, 2009

Winter Just Won't Go Away!!

My mood this morning is decidedly sour. Mother nature was kind enough to grant us another foot of snow last night just to remind us that winter is nowhere near finished.

Though I find this winter wonderland very beautiful, my body is groaning in protest from shoveling the snow from the driveway. My children couldn't help...they had to go to school. My husband couldn't help....he had to drive his mother to Kelowna to pick up his brother at the airport.

Our driveway has gotten much narrower with 4 foot piles of snow on either side. Where I'm going to put the snow the next time is beyond me. I'm longing for spring with crocuses and snowdrops popping up. Green grass and warm spring showers. Alas, that is not to be....not for some time yet.

I now sit here waiting for the snow plow to come along and leave a 2 foot pile of snow at the end of the driveway so that I can go out and shovel that as well. I know that the plow guy is just doing his job but when you watch him dump all that snow in your driveway, you can't help but dislike him immensely.

I've lost all ambition for the projects I set out for the day, though I suppose I will plod along and do them anyway just with less enthusiasm.

Oh woe is me I want to whine but in my mind I can hear my Mother kindly saying "Suck it up Cupcake".

Maybe I'll have a nice hot shower and THEN I'll suck it up!!

2 comments:

Daisy Soap Girl said...

Ohhh its so beautiful Cathy but I know how you feel. Drink hot tea, feel better!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog through Anne-Marie's Soap Queen blog...i love it! Beautiful pictures of the snow too! It'll be Spring before you know it....:)
Take care!
Stephanie from
Washington