Saturday, February 14, 2009

Who's a Dumb Bunny?

This is a cute little bunny...I'm the dumb bunny!I know, I know, it's not Easter yet, it's Valentines Day. So why the bunny?

Why I'm going to tell you this is beyond me but I guess it's good to be able to laugh at yourself and let everyone else laugh (at you) with you.

On my way to the grocery store this morning, I realized I was seriously short on gas. I drove into the gas station, hopped out and using my debit card on the pump, started the process of prepaying for my gas. While the machine was verifying my request for a fill-up, I turned around to open the gas tank.

Which wasn't there.

Duh! I've had this car for about 10 years now and I almost always fill the car myself. You would think by now I'd know how to pull into the gas station with the tank on the correct side.

I'm standing there in shock wondering what to do. I've already got the pump ready to go. Oh damn I thought. Jumped in the car and did the drive away only to do a "U" turn in the parking lot and return to the pump. Pretty sure everyone was looking at me by now!

Yup, they're saying, She's one Dumb bunny!

I guess I would have to agree with them. Oh well....we can't be brilliant all of the time!

4 comments:

Christina Hill said...

LOL that's too funny. That happened with me a few weeks ago with a rental. :)

Stephanie said...

I can never remember which side the gas tank is on.

What a cute bunny! I have one and I'd have to disagree. They are quite clever sometimes. ;)

Coachdad said...

Too funny...you must know that you are not the only who has done this, though!

Ann Wilkinson said...

that's hilarious! i've done similar things at the gas station, too. i've driven figure-eights around the place (a) trying to remember which side my gas-fill is on and (b) correcting my mistake when i pull up to the wrong side! thanks for making us feel like we are not alone! bunny is cute, too!