Thursday, March 12, 2009

Honey Handmade Jovia Soap

My mother is on my case complaining that "Enough with Bambie...write something new!"

Lately I've had a case of blogger's block.....or perhaps it's just that nothing remotely exciting has occurred in my life.

I look outside and yup, it's still cold and white out there so I haven't had any outdoor adventures. Cooking hasn't had any appeal for me. My diet, well, let's not go there since I didn't! My kids are being good so nothing to report there. I've got nothing to say....

I lied about nothing exciting happening. Well maybe not since it's exciting to me but probably not to you. :) Earlier in February I sent in an application for a Farmer's Market in Armstrong, BC. It's about 45 minutes away from my house and is held on Saturdays. I got accepted and the first market is on April 25.

The pictures above and below are of the first larger batch of soap I have made in a long time. It's 40 bars which is quite a bit bigger than the 10 bar batches of late. This soap is a simple one. Scented with a honey fragrance and decorated with the honeycomb design. The scent is unbelievable! Very edible smelling.

I'm going to be very busy for the next while. I need to make lots and lots of soap. A table, sign and tent need to be purchased. My display needs to be figured out. And of course I will have to make all the labels for the soap as well. Yikes!! I only have 6 weeks to get it all done and four of them are for curing the soap. That leaves 2 weeks to make the soap!

I think I had better get back to work.....see ya!

3 comments:

Diane said...

I was gonna say, what the heck are you doing blogging? Get to work, woman!

Love the honeycomb soap... I would totally buy that!

Mary @ Annie's Goat Hill said...

See, you did have something to write about! Just write from the heart and it flows.

I love the soap, and I bet it does smell great!

Joy White said...

Way to go! I hope it is everything that you want it to be. Keep us posted.