Saturday, March 28, 2009

Keeping Busy

I've been slacking in terms of blogging. Here's a quick peak at what's been keeping me busy during Spring Break.

My son's room is finished (for now) and he's moved back in. You can see the nice laminate flooring he and I put in all by ourselves. It was recycled from another room where it had been incorrectly installed. The crown moldings and baseboard moldings aren't in yet but that will wait a little while.....I'm tired of being a handyman and would like to take a break from it.

The soap studio has now been expanded from this.......

and now includes this as well. Plenty of space to cut and package my soaps. Yeah!!

With the extra space, I was able to put up this lovely curing rack my Dad made for me. This rack, my curing closet and one of those cheap white pantry cupboards should be plenty of space to cure my soaps on for the two farmer's markets I'm in this year.

Speaking of which....it's time to go make more soap!

7 comments:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

That looks great!! Makes me want to start making soap. I've made some, but nothing like yours. Those are amazing!

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh! That is awesome. Good for you. I'm going start sketching my dream workshop and turn it over to my hubby the handyman!!

Anonymous said...

Love your soap room!!! My husband and oldest son are building me one in our barn-can't wait!

Stephanie
Washington State

Joanna said...

wowowowowowowowow...could he be MY dad and make me one too ;)

Cathy Winsby said...

Lol....only if you can get him to make me another one first!! Each shelf is actually a tray that comes out so you can fill it where you are cutting and then slide it back in. So awesome.

Stephanie said...

Hi Cathy,
Don't know if you'll see this post...but would your Dad be willing to share the height, width and other dimensions of your soap curing rack??? My Dad is also a handyman...:) Thank you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy,
I don't know if you'll see this post since it's an older one....but was wondering if your Dad would be so kind as to share the dimensions (size, height, width) of your wonderful soap curing rack?? My Dad is also a handyman...:) Thanks so much!
Stephanie
Ferndale, Washington