Friday, March 6, 2009

Playing Hooke


This morning started out like most other mornings. I got up at 6:30 and put the kettle on for tea. Let the dog out and started to prepare his breakfast. Let the dog in and fed him. Took my tea down to the computer and goofed off for about 1/2 hour while I woke up.

And then things started to go a little differently. When I asked my husband to call me this afternoon, his answer was....."Yes, you can come with me today." Huh?

I had grand intentions of tackling that fun job called income taxes and playing Hooke wasn't on my agenda at all. When I asked my husband what on earth he was talking about, he just looked at me and started to play video games. I think he likes seeing me off balance and completely confused. I'm sure he silently chuckles to himself while I babble on asking question after question. "Where are we going?"..."What are we doing?"...."You want me to come with you?"

After receiving 'nil' in terms of a proper answer, I figured, what the heck....taxes aren't really that fun anyway and went for my shower. We were on the road by about 8:45 and heading to Kelowna, which is about 2 hours south of our home in Sicamous. Turns out he needed to finish up a bid he was doing and wanted my lovely company. Awwwwe. Gotta love that.


On our journey through the back roads of Kelowna we saw some wildlife. Aren't they gorgeous? I bet we saw about 20 deer today.


We also saw some interesting houses. An adobe style home is pretty much out of place up here but looked cool.


We liked this new subdivision of summer cottages that's being built here. Needs some trees but the homes are sure cute and colorful....and I love color.






The scenery was quite lovely too. Some areas still had plenty of snow, while others were looking ready for spring.


All in all, I had a wonderful day with my husband. Finally getting to spend a little quality time together. Of course those taxes are still waiting for me.

I wonder if my husbands employers would consider hiring me on as his side kick? You know, like a portable secretary. That would be cool....getting paid to spend time with my husband!! Lol....I'd probably drive him crazy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Cathy! I enjoy reading your blog-I know what you mean about some areas are covered with snow and some are ready for Spring-I'm down here in Washington State-kind of looks the same as where you are!
Stephanie