Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fat Lips Abound!!

My husband and I look like Botox experiments gone wrong.

I had this brilliant idea last night to demonstrate to my husband this hilarious game my daughter taught our dog, Brock. For those of you who are unfamiliar with our dog...he's a Doberman cross mutt. He's quite tall and seems to have legs that never end.

Anyway, the game goes like this.

Kneel on the floor in front of Brock. You need to be in an area that is narrow...about 6 - 7 feet wide that you can defend. Take one NylaBone, Brocks favorite chew toy, wave it in front of his face and then drop it behind your back.

The object of the game is for Brock to sneak by you and grab the bone. Your job is to launch your body at his and pin him down.....or at the very least block him from going by.

One tends to forget that as we get older, our bodies do not respond quite like they used too. What my 15 year old daughter can do and makes look easy, isn't!!

After a couple of hysterical body launches by me...giggles from my husband and successful retrievals by Brock, I decided to try one more time. Big. Mistake.

My lip connected with Brocks (very hard) head. The left side of my top lip is now macerated on the inside and blown up on the outside. OUCH!! Game. Over. For. Me!!

Not to be left out, my husband decided to give this a go.....hehe!! He too had a little fun before the damage was done. Brocks paw connected with Darrell's lip. A nice, neat little slice on the top lip and a blood blister on the bottom lip. Game. Over. For. Him.

So now we both look like we either had unsuccessful Botox or spent the weekend duking it out...sigh....oh, well...it was fun for a minute or two!!

Sorry...no pictures...I'm far too vain.....

1 comment:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

OH NO!!! Hope the swelling goes down soon!! Why are dogs' heads so freakin' hard, that's what I want to know.