Saturday, April 25, 2009

First Market Days

Brrrrrrr! The first markets days for Salmon Arm and Armstrong where this Friday and Saturday and I can honestly say, it was quite chilly! At least the sun came out from time to time to give a little relief from the biting cold wind that kept whistling through my booth at both markets. My face is suffering from a slight wind burn but at least I have some colour on my skin now. :)

My daughter was wonderful and got up at 5am to come to both the markets with me. Such a trooper...though she did escape into the truck (where it was nice and toasty warm) to read her books for awhile.

Business was fairly slow but that is to be expected at the beginning of the season. I'll be doing both the Tuesday and the Friday at the Salmon Arm Market and the Saturday at the Armstrong Market. Would love to be able to do the Vernon Market as well....but that doesn't leave any time for actually making the soap so I guess I'll have to just visit instead.

Here are a few pictures of my display. It needs a little work yet but it's a start. I think it would be better if I put up the back wall of the tent to give a plain backdrop to the soap.

Anybody got any ideas as to how to improve the display...I'd love to hear them.





2 comments:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Love it! Love the display and LOVE the soap. When I've got a bit of $$, I'll be ordering some from you.

✄ ✂ ✄ ✂ ✄ ✂ said...

Your stand looks lovely :)