Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!

Aren't these little guys so cute? I just hate to think of how they became so colourful. I mean really...what did they do? Dip these newborn chicks in dye like you would an egg? I'm hoping it's the graphics that's been messed with and not the actual birds!!

Like for many of you, we will be having our Easter dinner tonight. Ham, scalloped potatoes, Brussels sprouts, carrots, etc. Yummy stuff...just have to figure out what to have for dessert!

I've already put the kids Easter treats in their rooms but they have yet to wake up. Teenagers don't get quite as excited about receiving treats as little ones do but they sure pout if they don't get them. This will be the first year that I haven't put on an Easter Egg Hunt....last years hunt lacked the enthusiasm of previous years. It's so sad to see them grow up sometimes.

I've still not quite woken up yet and need more coffee. I just wanted to check in and wish you all a Happy Easter and apologize for not blogging more. The days (and my mind) seem to be filled to the top with soapy stuff and I've little room for much else right now. Hopefully I'll find my rhythm soon.

Have a great Easter filled with lots of good food and great company!

1 comment:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

I hate to think what they do to those little chickies...

My kids, 14 and 11, are still all excited to do the egg hunt. Not sure when that will end...I hope never.