Monday, April 20, 2009

Went for a Sunday Drive...on Saturday.

Shop SignMy Husband and I took a drive on Saturday. Just the two of us spending some quality time together. Here are a couple of things we saw along the way.

Don't you just love this melon farms sign? It's priceless. Way off the beaten track is this shop and you have to admit, with this sign, you're bound to stop just to see if the shop is as interesting as the sign. Unfortunately it was a little (lot) early in the season for the shop to be open. My husband was very disappointed since he was keen to meet "Mabel".

Our drive took us through Trinity Valley which is south-east of Enderby, then down to Lumby, through Vernon and back home again. The valley is full of farms. I was sad to see that so many of them were up for sale. I would imagine it's pretty hard to make a decent living as a farmer these days.

Here is one interesting little hut that we drove by. It looks like someone spent a lot of time decorating it. Not sure what it's function is....it probably doesn't have one and is just for fun.

This fellow was enjoying the morning sunshine so I decided to stop and take his picture.

We saw lots more but I keep forgetting to ask my husband to stop the truck so I can take a picture. I'm getting better though. At least I remember to bring the camera along.

As I write this, I realize that my writing skills are a bit lacking. We had to be up at 3:30am this morning to get my husband off to work for the week. I suspect the rest of my day is going to be unorganized and fuzzy. Oh well, I'll drink lots of coffee this morning and go to be really early tonight.

Here's hoping you had a great weekend!

6 comments:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Love the shack with the bicycles on top. Very cool. I love "Sunday" drives. Love them. My dad and I used to do that a lot when I was young, and now that I have a nice new camera, I just may have to start doing it again.

Cathy Winsby said...

My love of Sunday drives started as a child as well...my step-dad used to take us and I thought it was great fun exploring new areas. I always wanted to know what was around the next corner!!

Diane said...

Remembering the camera is huge! Wish I could do it :).

Great pics!!

Daisy Soap Girl said...

What a nice way to spend a Sunday and make special memories.

Anne-Marie said...

It looks like you had a wonderful "Sunday" drive with the hubby!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy,
I'm commenting on one of your previous posts about your new curing rack your Dad built for you...do you think he would be so kind as to let us know the dimensions (size, height, width)?? My Dad is also a handyman, so I was thinking.....:)
Thank you!
Stephanie
Ferndale, Washington