Thursday, May 14, 2009

Calendula Topped Herbaceous Soap

Herbaceous Calendula Jovia Soap in the moldI've always wanted to do some 'topped' soaps'....you know, the ones with oats, flowers, coffee beans, dried orange slices, etc. on the top. It can be hard to try new things sometimes since experimenting can take quite a bit of time.

Well, this experiment didn't take anymore time than usual and I'm quite happy with the results. The green is coloured using parsley powder and calendula powder. Such a lovely green it is too! I've added some unscented bits to the green as well.

Herbaceous Calendula Jovia SoapThe scent of this bar is sooo fresh and wonderful too! Of course it's one of those one's that can't be repeated....I've had quite a few very small bottles of herbaceous essential and fragrance oils lying around and decided to use them all up in one soap. I just madly mixed them all up willy nilly and now I'm really, really sad that I didn't take notes! Sigh...it'll take me forever to figure this scent out again. Learn from my mistakes....no matter what...take notes!

On another note, my daughter and I are going to play hookie today. We're having a Mother Daughter day and I'm taking her down to Vernon so we can check out the Thursday Farmer's Market and go out to lunch.

So far I'm doing great at the Armstrong Market but the Salmon Arm Market (especially on Tuesday) is extremely slow yet. There's quite a few vendors...just not too many customers. I'm thinking of attending Vernon on Monday and Thursday, Salmon Arm on Friday and Armstrong on Saturday. Four days too much do you think? I figure you make hay when the sun is shining and markets are only for a few months of the year. Might as well take advantage of it....after all, I can always sleep all winter, right?

1 comment:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

It looks absolutely wonderful!! You are so talented!