Friday, November 27, 2009

Alchemic Muse Handmade Soaps

My sample pack of goodies from Alchemic Muse
A couple of weeks ago I was browsing through Etsy and decided I needed to purchase some soap. You're probably thinking..."Doesn't she make soap already? Why would she buy it if she can make it?" You're right...I could make soap....in fact, I make a lot of soap...but I don't make this particular soap!

You see, each soap maker has a different imagination and uses different ingredients. If you truly love soap, you feel the need to smell and experience ALL kinds of soap. And lots of it!

I ended up ordering from three companies and one of them was Alchemic Muse.

Some of Alchemic Muses Soaps

Well! Once again, I wasn't disappointed. When I ordered, I couldn't decide which ones to pick so I asked Karen to pick for me. The order was for 4 quarter size bars but Karen threw in a couple of slivers of some others as well. I'm so glad she did because my two favorites are from the little slivers...don't get me wrong...they are all fantastic! But Loukoum and Ginger Cake...well, they take the cake!! I just love the smell of those two. Yummy!

Now about the lather. Another Wow! It starts off with some big bubbles and then progresses into a thick frothy foam. Very rich and creamy. To die for actually!

I like that her labels list all the ingredients and I noticed that all the soaps I received are palm free. Instead she uses cocoa, mango and shea butters. No wonder they feel so great!

10 comments:

Sweet Creek Herbs said...

She is an awesome team member and friend, too.

BPR Designs said...

I can tell you from experience that Karen's soaps are wonderful! Great varieyy and very high quality...

Handmade Natural Soap said...

It's always worth trying new products and seeing what you canalso produce yourself.

Stephen,
Scents of Occasion Handmade Natural Soap

Alchemic Muse said...

Thank you very much for an absolutely awesome review! I’m so happy you enjoyed my soaps. :)

Anne-Marie said...

I've used her soaps before and I agree, they are incredible! And the packaging is so cute, isn't it? I'm glad you got yourself a fun soap treat.

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Kathy said...

Homemade soap is the best. I have a friend that makes it and we use it all the time. Wonderful stuff!

Scented Candles said...

Beautiful soaps! I love the packaging as well

tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

beautytipshub said...

It really good idea to have soaps like this ....It can act as a show piece also...:)